Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Read Here First!

Explanation of Q/A Series:
As I surf the net and participate in several online, church and worship leader chat forums, I especially like to seek out questions and issues posted by church and worship leaders related to leading and teaching about worship. I love the interaction between people as we bounce ideas arround, and I love to be able to share my own thoughts as, usually, typing things out helps me to form my own ways of doing things. Often, I'll come across something new, but most of the time, the questions and issues raised seem to be common situations that many deal with. That's what the Q/A Series is all about. When I see/hear a thought provoking question, I'll copy and paste the original post (OP) as well as my original response to the question/issue.

Explanation of Discussion Series:
This series is similar to the Q&A Series, but, instead of pulling third party questions for discussion, this series will focus on practical issues that you and I directly bring to discuss. The topics may be posted as statements or questions. If you're interested in getting a discussion going about a certain subject, issue, question, etc. that you feel may be fruitful for this blog, please email me and I'll consider posting it.

Explanation of Music Video Series:
This series is simply video of our band leading worship in nd around our church. I always love being able to attend other church and observe and/or steal some good ideas, but I don't get too many opportunities to travel. So, here's your chance to see what we do. Feel free to post links to your own videos as well!

Explanation of Our Church Media Series:
As our church grows bigger, we're learning more and more about how to use multi-media (video, music, graphics, etc.) for the glory of God. This series will present some of the stuf we do. Some of it is serious, some of it is silly, and some of it might actually be something you want to steal (and we give you permission to do so).

Explanation of First Impressions Series:
Beyond leading others in worship, my other big passion in church ministry is creating outstanding first impressions for the guests (especially the unchurched) who visit our church every week. This series is devoted to this passion of mine.

Explanation of Music Review Series:
As a worship leader, it seems I'm always listening to music with a critical ear...always looking for a new song that we could use on Sundays or in another ministry area. I'm guessing that other worship leaders do the same. This is my attempt to help us all out. Feel free to post your own reviews as well!

The purpose of this blog is to be interactive in an encouraging, challenging and unified way. I appreciate any attention that this blog receives, but what I'm really looking for is some good interaction and discussion, so please, feel free to jump in. Since this is my blog, I will excercise my ability/right to delete any comments that I consider to be offensive, demeaning, attacking or otherwise anti-the purpose of this blog. While I would love to read about differing views on the subjects discussed here, I will not allow for any negative "debate".

If you're interested in learning more about me and what I'm into, check out MilePost13.

Also, please, take a few minutes to read My Wife's Story.

Thanks!

Nate

No comments: