Monday, August 13, 2007

Discussion #3: The Purpose of Your Sunday Morning Worship Service

(Before reading this post and jumping in on the conversation, please check out the explanation of the Discussion Series I posted on Read Here First! on July 10, 2007...it will help you understand a little more. Thanks!)

This topic was inspired by a question and discussion posted on worshiptogether.com as well as a Paul Baloche "Modern Worship" DVD I recently watched for the first time.

What is the purpose of your Sunday Morning Worship Service/Gathering?
Have you thought this through as a church leader?
Have you thought this through with the rest of your church leaders (pastors, team leaders, etc.)?
Why have you chosen your specific purpose (meaning, based on what?)?
How do you effectively communicate this with your church members? Regular attenders? First-time guests?

I don't have time to post my answers right now, but I'll get to them later tonight if I can.

Nate

1 comment:

Steve said...

1. I'm still not sure.
2. Yes.
3. Yes, but it seems to be a moving target.
4. Ummmmm....
5. For the most part, it's not.

To be honest, I think we have been mostly getting by over the years via osmosis and hoping that the "purpose" gets through. It seems that a bunch of other brush fires within the church often take away the focus of the Main Thing.

And yet God, in His great grace, still meets us. Imagine what could happen if everyone knew what, why, and how! (I think we have the Who down, fortunately.)