Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Blitz

> Let's just get it out of the way...the Patriots are that good, and the Skins got their butts kicked (I place most of the blame on faithless Skins fans who shall go unnamed).

> This morning was the first of two Sundays in a row in which we're talking about having a mission. Today was all about engaging the culture.

> TRUNKorTREAT is this Wednesday! I'm going to mutate into my ToT character tonight...look for pics of the transformation coming tomorrow...

> We're learning a few new songs this week! I'm especially stoked about "With One Voice"!

> I'm also stoked that we're NOT going to Durham this week! We're taking a week off from Tricia's PT so that we can do the ToT thing.

> The BoSox are going to win the WS...and yes, I do care cause tonight might be the last night of real baseball until April, which sucks...I hate hockey and pro basketball, and there's not much to be excited about during the second half of the NFL regular season.

> I usually say only good things about our church...BUT, I'm totally dissapointed in the turn-out of CREST tonight...especially knowing that some people have told us that they just see the importance in coming (have they been awake the past several Sunday mornings?!?)... Huge props for the dedicated who did come out!

> Next Sunday is going to be cool. We've got lots of missional stuff going on right now. ToT, the OBX Marathon, The Festival of Trees (I'll talk about this later this week), Operation Christmas Child, and we're going to be talking about it all next week!

> A few of us are going up to VA Beach on Tuesday night to check out Vince Antonucci and Forefront's Church at a Bar. We're looking to get some ideas and vision for Vintage. I'm stoked!

> I just broke my personal record for most links in one post!

> Batman and I are making one final video for ToT tomorrow night. It should be sweet!

> Here's you "laugh at Nate" moment of the week: Meka and I doing some professional modeling this afternoon (seriously)...


> I know there's something else I wanted to mention, but it's not coming to me...I'll remember it later.

That's all.

Nate

2 comments:

higgie08 said...

Sorry I was so "faithless" (ahem) but I was just trying to prepare myself for the butt-kicking which ultimately happened. I'm not even sure that "butt-kicking" even covers what happened. At least we scored one touchdown, so it's not completely pathetic.

The church in the bar sounds really great. I've been reading that blog and I think their approach is wonderful. Let us know what you think of it.

CFHusband said...

Vince is actually going to meet us for dinner before the service. I'm very stoked. I'll be sure to blog about it.