Friday, August 29, 2008

Album Review: Meredith Andrews "The Invitation"


This isn't a full album review like I normally do, and, honestly, my opinion about this album is biased, but I wanted to direct your attention to Meredith Andrews' debut album, The Invitation.

Meredith and I sang together in a group while we were students at Liberty University. Yes, I have sung a duet with Meredith (if you can consider two lines of a song a "duet"). :)

Anyway, Mer is one of those few people you meet in life and know instantly that God has great things in store for them. Anyone who knows her would probably tell you the same. It was just a matter of time until I knew I'd see her name popping up all over the place...

The Invitation is a superbly produced album, showcasing Meredith's songwriting, piano and vocal skills, as well as her heart for God and leading others in worship. You can find the album on iTunes (and it comes with a bonus video of the single "You're Not Alone").

A few highlights include "Life Up Your Head", "Show Me What It Means", and my personal favorite, "The River".

If you dig old school Cindy Morgan and the recent offerings from the likes of Nichole Nordeman, check it out!

Very proud of you, Mer!

Nate

Here's the "You're Not Alone" music video...

1 comment:

warbird2010 said...

Thanks for the Meridith Andrews video. It couldn't have come at a worse time, but I really needed to hear it
Jim