Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Read This Blog and You Are Officially 3 Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon


(I swear that the following is a true story)

So, remember that fun college game from the 90's, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon? I found out a few weeks ago that I am officially two degrees of separation from the actor, Kevin Bacon. Let me explain...it's a short one, obviously (the names, other than Kevin Bacon, have been changed).

I have a good friend named George from my grade school days who I still keep in touch with. George has an older brother named Phillip who lives in Wilmington, NC (which has become the Hollywood of the East Coast) and is working his way up in the movie business in some off-camera jobs. Phillip is a few years older than George and I, but I knew him back in the day and have seen him a few times since high school.

George and his girlfriend recently ate lunch with my wife and I. He shared with us that Phillip is working on a movie with the one and only Kevin Bacon. Now, normally I would not take that to mean that I am two degrees...but, George went on to explain that Kevin was required to shave his head on camera in this movie, and this is apparently something that he had not done before and wanted some practice beforehand (I guess you really only get one good chance to get a scene like that right). He asked Phillip if he could practice by shaving Phillip's head, which Phillip readily agreed to (who wouldn't?).

IMO, that makes Phillip and Kevin Bacon intimately related, creating just Two Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon for me, and only three for anyone who reads this blog.

So, help spread the Kevin Bacon love by telling everyone you know to come read this blog. You could become the coolest person at the next college party game night!

And, if you don't believe me, just look for the movie.

Nate